I have just read a post from an awesome woman who has inspired me to look at my life slightly different and write this post. Thanks
One thing i seem to say to myself a lot is that "I'll be better when ..."
Ill be a better mum when im not so tiered, Ill be better at exercising when im not so tiered, ill be happier when im not so stressed, I'll be a better person to live with when the kids are older and not so needy of my time an energy, Ill be better at cleaning when my time isn't taken up so much by little mischiefs ... I'll be better when ...
I'm forever making this excuse. When i read the post i started to realize that i will forever make this excuse until i decide enough is enough.
Well there are some huge life changes happening right now. Some of you know and some of you don't, and for those who don't, don't worry i am about to post about it soon. Im just waiting for the right time.
So in the light of these new changes i have decided enough is enough. No more excuses because my mischiefs do not need a mother who is full off excuses. Well apart from excercising, i still have excuses there because it is hard to go for a run when you don't have anyone to mind the kids. But my kids need me now to be the better mum, they need me now to be a more plesant person to live with, They need me now not later.
Enough is enough, no more excuses. Its not going to be easy but life isn't easy. I will slip up, i know i will but thats not going to stop me from trying again and again till i am better now because i know that i can be.
I am going to make a little poster and put it on my wall with the saying "I'll be better NOW!!" So every morning when i get up, i will remind myself, enough is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great post! I LOVE this attitude! You must have felt like the Sunday School lesson was repeating the same message.
I wasn't even in Sunday school today. wow i must have some sort of extra sense thing :)
You are great! Thanks for hearing what I wrote rather then reading the words. I have gotten many emails telling me to stop being so hard on myself. Ugh!!! Not the point!!
I love the "kids need me now not later" - You inspire, my sweet! We can do this together!!
Post a Comment